Sunday, January 31, 2010
Saturday, January 30, 2010
"What's the food like?"
"Terrific, wonderful menus."
"And the nursing?"
"Just couldn't be better. The young nurses really take care of you."
"What about sleeping? Do you sleep OK?"
"No problem at all -- nine hours solid every night. At 10 o'clock they bring me a cup of hot chocolate & a Viagra tablet .. And that's it. I go out like a light."
The grandson is puzzled and a little alarmed by this, so he rushes off to question the nurse in charge.
"What are you people doing?" he says, "I am told you are giving an 85-year-old Viagra on a daily basis. Surely that can't be true?"
"Oh, yes," replied the nurse. "Every night at 10 o'clock we give him a cup of hot chocolate & a Viagra tablet. It works wonderfully well. The chocolate makes him sleep...and the Viagra stops him from rolling out of bed."
Check the label. You would be amazed at how many people neglect to look closely at the label of food products before buying them, and then are dismayed to find they bought something they really didn’t want. Check around the brand name, and the ingredients list (if there is one) for a mention of additives. The company should be required to list them if you are shopping in certain countries. If there are no mentions of additives, buy the honey.
Taste the honey. If it seems off, and yet the label claims it is pure, there are a few simple tests you can run to check the purity of the honey.
o The dissolving test.
* Get a glass of water. This and a tablespoon of honey are all you need for the first test.
* Empty the honey into the water. If the honey is impure, it will dissolve in the water- the most common additive to honey is syrup of jaggery, which dissolves. If it is pure, the honey will stick together and sink as a solid lump to the bottom of the glass.
* This test can also be completed by mixing equal parts honey and methylated spirits (denatured alcohol). Pure honey will settle to the bottom. Impure honey is more likely to remain dissolved and make the solution milky.
o The flame test.
* Get a lighter and a candle with a cotton wick. This test is better if you don’t have as much honey to spare.
* Dip the cotton wick of the candle into a bit of the honey, and shake off the excess.
* Attempt to light the wick. If it burns, then it is completely pure honey. If it refuses to burn, then the presence of water is not allowing the wick to burn. (If there is only a very small amount of honey on the wick, though, it might still burn. It will produce a crackling sound, and it would be best to blow out the wick and try it again this time using more honey.)
o The absorption test.
* Pour a few drops of honey on blotting paper and observe whether or not it is absorbed. If it’s absorbed, the honey’s not pure.
* If you don’t have blotting paper, pour a little bit of honey on a white cloth, then wash the cloth. If there is any stain left by the honey, it is probably not pure.
o The spiral test when pouring
* When poured very slowly honey will flow as a spiral in a clockwise direction. This is because the honey molecule is non-symmetrical with a right-hand bias which causes the stream of honey to spin.
Life is not meant to be taken seriously, as we are really temporary here.
We are like a pre-paid card with limited validity.
If we are lucky, we may last another 50 years.
And 50 years is just 2,500 weekends.
Do we really need to get so worked up?..
"Don't be serious, be sincere"!!
Thursday, January 28, 2010
As one of the simplest and easiest ways to conserve energy, while continuing to preserve precious resources and our planet, limiting the amount of wasted water from a running tap is a great idea. With only 3% of all of the water available on earth being fresh, and one percent of that frozen, it is essential to conserve as much of it as possible.
The idea behind Shen Di’s +Shifter faucet is designed to meter out the water usage through a stylish and practical car shifter style control. So whether you are brushing your teeth or washing your face, you can feel like you’re behind the wheel of a sleek Porsche, all the while doing your bit to save the planet!
Source : trendhunter.com
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Monday, January 25, 2010
Three different styles, all nice and clean.
Sunday, January 24, 2010
2. Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks or it will digest itself.
3. The dot over the letter "i" is called a tittle.
4. A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continuously from the bottom of the glass to the top.
5. A female ferret will die if it goes into heat and cannot find a mate.
6. A duck's quack doesn't echo. No one knows why.
7. A 2 X 4 is really 1-1/2" by 3-1/2".
8. During the chariot scene in "Ben Hur," a small red car can be seen in the distance (and Heston's wearing a watch).
9. On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily! (That explains a few mysteries... .)
10. Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland because he doesn't wear pants.
11. Because metal was scarce, the Oscars given out during World War II were made of wood.
12. The number of possible ways of playing the first four moves per side in a game of chess is 318,979,564, 000.
13. There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with orange, purple and silver.
14. The name Wendy was made up for the book Peter Pan. There was never a recorded Wendy before.
15. The very first bomb dropped by the Allies on Berlin in World War II killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.
16. If one places a tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion, it will instantly go mad and sting itself to death. (Who was the sadist who discovered this??)
17. Bruce Lee was so fast that they actually had to s-l-o-w film down so you could see his moves. That's the opposite of the norm.
18. The first CD pressed in the US was Bruce Springsteen' s "Born in the USA."
19. The original name for butterfly was flutterby.
20. The phrase "rule of thumb" is derived from an old English law which stated that you couldn't beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.
21. The first product Motorola started to develop was a record player for automobiles. At that time, the most known player on the market was Victrola, so the called themselves Motorola.
22. Roses may be red, but violets are indeed violet.
23. By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you cannot sink into quicksand.
24. Celery has negative calories. It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has in it to begin with.
25. Charlie Chaplin once won third prize in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike contest.
26. Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.
27. Sherlock Holmes NEVER said, "Elementary, my dear Watson."
28. An old law in Bellingham, Washington, made it illegal for a woman to take more than three steps backwards while dancing!
29. The glue on Israeli postage is certified kosher.
30. The Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book most often stolen from public libraries.
31. Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go into space because passing wind in a spacesuit damages them.
32. Bats always turn left when exiting a cave!
Friday, January 22, 2010
Nowdays we seen or promoted with many Investment and MLM scheme that promise very high return which is very attractive. Beware! if you seen this kind of scheme. You may loose all your money.
It is very advantages if you could identify it earlier instead of falling to be a victims of such schemes. stopscams007 from Low Yat Forum make a lot of effort in compiling 30 most commonly used tricks utilise by Investment and MLM Scams. I hope with this list lesser people will fall to be victims of such scams.
Here is the list
1) "Denial" trick - They will claim "we are not mlm". Knowing that many people don't support a mlm or direct sales products. Some companies will keep denying they are MLM and used other terms like "franchisee" business, eg. Lampe Berger, STG, IRC; or "investment schemes" eg. Sunshine Empire, GRI, etc;
2) "Get-A-Job" trick - Example Easypha-max.
3) "Future Plan" trick - This has been most common in the past. They will tell you a lot of rosy future plans like setting up factory in Malaysia; or going public listed soon and you will be given free shares or priority to buy cheaper chares; or whatever you purchase now be worth much more in the future.
4) "Secret Formula" trick - on both plan and product. When they cannot explain how the product or their marketing plan works(obviously not if it is a scam) they will tell you "this is Company secret, tell all will means allowing competitors to follow us". Fixed return on investments(ROI) scams that take monies from the new victims to pay the old ones always use this statement.
5) "Other Industry" trick" - This trick started by Sunshine Empire is most commonly used by those investment scams that promised fixed return. This is the most common trick now. After the failure of investment scams like Sunshine, Mobilwallet, STG, etc many people already know that it's impossible for products selling or food business to gain such profits margin for unlimited members. So they use other industries like a certain plant or tree cultivation, seaweed, fish, fuel, IT-related development and the latest is "turning waste oil into crude oil" with office at Mont Kiara. Others out soon(being planned now) are church-related, shipping industry, space industry, etc
6) "Long History" trick - You probably heard many times on this. Those MLM Companies that have longer history will use this trick to "bully" the newer companies but what has that got to do with their products or whether it is a good business ? They will tell you their Company is stable because of a longer history (don't they have their beginning too ?) or used products supplier's history which do not belong to them.
7) "Testimonials" tricks on both products(esp healthcare products) and on the business opportunity. Nearly every healthcare products MLM used it. Sunrider, Morinda, SNE, BioYoung and many others, where have they all gone now if their products are so good ? Most of the time, the effects are placebo(see no. 13 below) or exaggerated. Testimonials are commonly used for the income opportunity too. They will always tell you so and so in their company earned a lot but NEVER caution you that over 99% of those who joined earlier have left or lost some money.
8) "Moneyback gurantee" trick - Is this a trick too ? Certainly ! This trick works well because people fill safe in paying for it BUT when you try to claim your money back; here are the common senario: your introducer or seller is hard to locate now, there is a 10% "certain fee" not brought to your attention earlier, certain offer items are not returnable; or your upline will beg you not to return because commissions they and you earned need to be refunded.
9) "International" trick - They will tell you their organisation has reached many countries, so what ? What has that got to do with you and your money which you are going to pay ? In some cases, foreign based MLM Companies are actually Malaysian-created with a virtual office addressed overseas. Some US claimed companies don't even do much business in US. Past examples are Enrich, Xango, etc
10) "Professionals" trick - most commonly used are doctors and lawyers. Doctors and Lawyers who speak for any business have poor code of ethics and comnpanies who used such tricks are worse.
11) "Doctors Endorsement" trick - Can we trust doctors who breach their own code of ethics ?
12) "Legal Agreement" trick - This one is most common now in investment scams. You think legal documents will protect you? They are used to earn your confidence or take away your rights, more later. In most of their agreements, they have a clause included that the Company can change any conditions in future leaving the members no rights to take actions against them. Past examples of this trick are MobilWallet and STG. Their bosses, offices and restaurants are still around but members cannot do anything legally.
13) "Placebo-effect" trick - Used widely by Fusion Exel and those energy pendant sellers. Placebo effects are more significant and effective from "energy" products like those made from magnets, ceramic or lava soils. When the users(normally MLM members) believe and have greater faith in them, a certain inner energy can be produced that may be good enough to cure some illness or symtoms. After the enthusiasm is over, you will find the product no longer effective. This is one of the reason why MOST of those MLMs selling health products are gone. I am sure we have all experience with doctors too. If you lack confidence with a certain doctor or medicine, it may not work for you because your inner energy from your own placebo effect is working against it.
14) "Chemical Reaction" trick - Remember the footpatch that cheated so many people ?
15) "Give you downlines" trick - This is a fishing trick used most commonly in those called binary plan. Some Management can even create new accounts for you to be placed somewhere on top; or they will tell you "I will give you a very strong line from Indonesia or Thailand, all you need is just build one leg"
16) "Free Body Checkup" trick - They will use a gadget or some machines to do for you a free check and later recommend you to buy their product and claim it will work for your problem. Some of them do not even tell you their purpose when they invite you for the "free" checkup. After you entered their office and did the check-up, you are trapped !!
17) "Only-we-have-products" trick - Mostly OEM products that no one knows or trusts. This is traditional in every MLM business. Everyone will claim that ONLY their Company has the product. Of course, because they simply contract a manufacturer to manuafcture for them. In most cases, the products are much more overpriced compared to similar products of another brand available over the counter. Such products are usually not value-for-money and only in the beginning because they are bought up by the distributors or the members of the company. Past examples are Forever Living, Sunrider, Bio-young, XKL, Morinda(Noni juice), Nu-skin, For-Life, Reliv, Xango, SNE etc. They all started with a hype and great volume during the 1st one or 2 years and quiet down later when even their hig-ranking members will no longer buy them.
18) "Brainwashing" trick - wow, this is going to be long.......
19) "Training" tricks - They only tell you "not to quit" but not why and how you will fail. While training is good for one's personal development, it can be harmful if you are trained in a misleading way by any particular Company. Take Amway for example, I am sure everyone of you has a friend or 2 who swear that they will NEVER leave or quit the Company 5 or 10 yeras ago(all due to their great trainings, brainwashings and motivations) but disappeared now due to embarrassment. My advice is "since 99%(statistics don't lie) of all MLMs or pyramid schemes business members will not be successful or make it to richness, NEVER close your back door by swearing you will never quit." Another such example is QuestNEt that started with that no-value gold-plated coin that ask for over RM1000 each. Their members(mostly youngsters) are all trained to approach at least 100 prospects before they should quit. It will only lead to more victims and when they eventually quit, they will be so disillusioned that they will never want to get back into any form of business.
Remember this example if you are ever trained or brainwashed not to quit a business:
A fly inside a closed room saw a big heap of delicious rubbish outside through the closed window. The fly has the motivation, aim, goal, an action plan(everything ever needed and trained for achievement) to knock down the window and get out for the rubbish. With a "Never Quit" attitude, the fly will knock the window until it gets killed. So much on trainings and brainwashings.
20) "Tee Up" trick
21) "Good People" trick - announcing they are of a certain religion or vegetarians
22) "Chicken & Duck Talk & Physcology" trick - This is also very common now and used by nearly every MLM or scam with a good training department eg: When you question them on the business module and suspect a scam or when you have cornered them, they will give you answers like:
"In any buisness, you need to work for your income, there is no guranteed income",
" I am afraid you have been misled by others or heard too much negative things from those who are not even how members, so how could they know better than us ?",
"Failures always find excuses not to work, successful people always find ways to succeed"
"Birds of the same feathers always flock together - Only failures listen to failures(we listen and learn from our successful leader in our company"
"Those who failed or left are jealous, so they condemn us"
"No one force them or point a gun on their head to make them join"
I am sure you have heard much more, maybe help to contribute ?
23) "All are Pyramids" trick
24) "Confusing" Plan trick
25) "Company Background" trick - They are big in China or U.S. - What has that got to do with the products?
26) "Treat You" trick - Let's come out for yum cha and there is a free makan !! Greedy people will get this one.
27) "Gadgets-Testing" trick
28) "High Repeat Sales" trick
29) "Impressive" trick - Normally on their office or website
30) "Figures" trick
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Designer : Flavio Adriani
Audi released a new video promoting its R8 Spyder variant. The 1min 23sec shows off the abilities of the R8 to work well both in urban areas and wide open roads. The Spyder runs the same 5.2-liter V10 engine found in the coupe and max power stands at 518ps and 530Nm (391lb-ft) of torque. The Spyder does the century sprint in 4.1-seconds and top speed is rated at 312km/h (194mph).
The unique thing about the Spyder is the way it dresses and undresses its canvas top. With the help of electrohydraulics and smart packaging, the top comes off in just 19 seconds. The canvas roof can be activated at speeds of up to 50km/h. Great video, it just makes you say, wow, I want one.
#2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is mistaken for hunger.
#3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as 3%.
#4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in aUniversity of Washington study.
#5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
#6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
#7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzyshort term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a ! printed page.
#8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%., and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
Are you drinking the amount of water you should drink every day?
After 108 years it just Happened.
Sounion, Greece. Jan. 15, 2010
Manila Bay, Philippines
Dehkade, Karaj, Iran
Weishan Lake, Shandong, China
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Bükk mountains of Hungary
Degania A, Israel
Sizihwan, Kaoshung City, Taiwan
Solar eclipse Jan 15, 2010 in Chiang Mai, Thailand
A view of a partial solar eclipse over Gaza City.
Rawalpindi, Pakistan A crescent on the minaret of a mosque is reflected in the eclipse
Bangkok, Thailand The moon starts its path across the sun, obscuring a portion of it.
The best place to view the eclipse from India is Dhanushkodi in Pamban Island off Tamil Nadu coast.
Best Place to watch the eclipse of 2010 in India: Dhanushkodi in Pamban Island off Tamil Nadu coast
Solar eclipse 2010 in India on Jan 15, Fire Ring event once in a blue moon